Telephone Helen - 07821 943689
I am planning to resume driving lessons from Monday 6 July 2020, in line with the latest Government guidelines for other businesses. Please be aware that this may change if the Government guidelines change.
As of today, 28 May 2020, we have been advised not to resume “normal” driving lessons. However, this can change at any time, and I will be sure to keep you up to date with the latest advice from the DVSA.
With this in mind, unless I am advised not to resume giving driving lessons, it is important that we plan ahead and get you booked in now for July. Priority will be given to customers who have already paid for lessons.
Please make sure you read, understand and agree to follow the following points to ensure lessons can be delivered as safely and as efficiently as possible.
These precautions are to keep both you and myself safe, and keep the potential spread of COVID-19 to an absolute minimum. I will ask you to read, understand and sign a declaration to confirm you understand the risks of learning to drive during Covid-19, and that you are currently in good health and virus free.
HYGIENE AND PROTECTION
As it is not possible to socially distance in a car, the following precautions will be taken to keep us both safe.
-When I arrive at your house to collect you, please meet me by the car. Before entering the car and before your lesson starts we will have a chat, at least 2 metres apart, so that I can assess you and make sure you don’t have any Covid-19 symptoms. If I don’t feel comfortable that you haven’t got symptoms of Covid-19 at this time, your lesson will not go ahead.
-Physical contact. There will be no physical contact, unless in an emergency situation. Also, we both need to make sure we try to avoid touching our face with our hands.
- Hand washing. I expect you to follow government guidelines and wash your hands thoroughly with soap for 20 seconds before attending your lesson. I will do the same.
-Gloves. If you wish to wear gloves, make sure you put them on before car, and dispose of them in your house.
- Face masks/covering. If you wish to wear a mask or face covering, please make sure you apply it before entering the car, and ensure you dispose of it in your house.
- The car will be sanitised with disinfectant or anti-bacterial/viral wipes before your lesson commences and afterwards and in between each lesson.
- Car windows will be open – weather permitting – to allow adequate ventilation. We will avoid the use of air conditioning where possible.
-I will ensure my car is sanitised thoroughly in between students.
Changes to my standard cancellation policy are outlined below.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19, you must inform me immediately and the lesson will be cancelled and rearranged, with no cancellation fee.
- If I have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19, I will inform you immediately and the lesson will be cancelled and rearranged, with no cancellation fee.
- Please avoid, as much as possible, cancelling for any other reason as spaces for lessons are extremely limited. Cancellations for any other reason will be subject to our normal cancellation policy and will be chargeable if 48 hours’ notice has not been given.
The main symptoms of COVID 19 described by the government are (but not exclusively):
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss of taste or smell
If you have any concerns or questions please call me. Thank you, I am looking forward to catching up with you again soon! Helen