Telephone Helen - 07821 943689
Defensive driving - some tips from me to get you started...
I've had a request on YouTube to talk about defensive driving. Thank you to that person...you know who you are! I've put together a short video on how you can get started driving defensively. The following list are just some of the things that will help you stay safe on the roads for many years to come, in no particular order!
- Don't be competetive...think safety first.
- Pay attention at all times to what's going on all around you...think "safety bubble", Google it!
- Always think about an escape route...you never know when you might need it.
- Think "eco-safe" driving...practice deceleration skills, and not using your brake when in slow moving queues, unless you need to of course.
- Stop wasting energy getting cross about other driver's actions...use your energy to concentrate on what you're doing.
- Don't get too close to the car in front...and think about how close the driver behind you is...you might have to take evasive action.
- Always expect the unexpected...other drivers may not always do what you expect them to do.
The following link will take you to some more defensive driving tips...enjoy!
Talk soon, take care out there!
Helen Adams ADI.